Oak Grove

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Collin County

Callis, also known as Oak Grove, was twenty-five miles northeast of McKinney in northeastern Collin County. A post office operated there from 1891 through 1904. By 1900 the community had a population of fifty, two stores, a cotton gin, a church, and a school. Its population stood at twenty-five by the mid-1940s, the last time population statistics were reported.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Oak Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Oak Grove is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Callis)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No