Oak Grove

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Freestone County

Oak Grove was near the banks of a tributary of Tehuacana Creek, 2½ miles north of Stewards Mill in north central Freestone County. The settlement had a school with twenty-nine pupils in 1893. In the 1930s a few dwellings marked the site, but by the 1980s only Oak Grove Cemetery remained.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Oak Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Oak Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.85655230
Longitude: -96.21636180

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No