Oasis was on the Southern Pacific tracks five miles northeast of downtown Dallas in central Dallas County. The area is now within the Dallas city limits, at the intersection of Lover's Lane and U.S. Highway 75. The site was on the original land grant of J. Tilley. Oasis was named for its fertile land and plentiful water and was the population center for the dairy and nursery industry in central Dallas County. From 1891 to 1907 a post office was located at the community. In 1896 Oasis had a general store, and in 1900 it had a cemetery and several dairies. The population of Oasis was estimated as twenty in 1949, and continued to be reported at that level through the mid-1960s. The community was later annexed by Dallas.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Oasis is part of or belongs to the following places:
Oasis is classified as a Town
Has Post Office