Odom

Odom, on Farm Road 3080 fourteen miles southwest of Canton in extreme southwest Van Zandt County, appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the location of a school and scattered residences and in 1981 as scattered dwellings along the roadway. The Odom school was consolidated with the Mabank Independent School District in 1949. Beard Cemetery, referred to as the Odom-Beard Cemetery by some sources, is nearby.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Odom is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Odom is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Beard)

Location

Latitude: 32.37819850
Longitude: -96.03135860

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No