Omega was a rural community eight miles northeast of Longview on U.S. Highway 259 in northeastern Gregg County. It was probably established sometime around 1900. By the mid-1930s it had a number of houses and a school, which it shared with nearby Bethlehem in Upshur County. At various times several stores operated in the area. The Port Bolivar Iron Ore Railway had a train station and siding at a gin in Omega. After World War II the school was closed, and by the mid-1960s Omega was no longer shown on highway maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Omega is part of or belongs to the following places:
Omega is classified as a Town
Has Post Office