Palace

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Palace, twelve miles southeast of Canton in southeast Van Zandt County, had a post office temporarily as early as 1878 and continuously from 1881 to 1905. In 1885 area farmers shipped cotton, and the town had three steam saw and grist mills, several cotton gins, three churches, a school, two general stores, and a blacksmith shop. The population reached 300 in 1885, but dwindled to 100 by 1896. No population figures were available after 1900, and Palace did not appear on state highway maps.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Palace is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Palace is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No