Parita

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Bexar County

Parita is near the junction of Loop 1604 and Farm Road 3468, fifteen miles southeast of downtown San Antonio in eastern Bexar County. The settlement is named for nearby Parita Creek. The community flourished briefly after 1900 with the development of the Cooksey oil and gas field two miles northeast. During the 1940s the Campbell school and church served the community. Two businesses and a population of twenty-five were reported at Parita in 1930 and 1940. The businesses closed after World War II, and in the early 1990s Parita was a dispersed rural community.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Parita is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Parita is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.33857030
Longitude: -98.27723370

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No