Pecan Grove

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Pecan Grove, on Tupelo Branch six miles northeast of Corsicana in eastern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Children attended school in nearby Hester. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a church and cemetery were still in the area. In the early 1990s Pecan Grove was a dispersed rural community.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pecan Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Pecan Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.17681660
Longitude: -96.41692680

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No