Peeler was at the Missouri Pacific Railroad crossing of Keechie Creek, three miles west of Oakwood in northeastern Leon County. It was established in 1872 as a switch on the International-Great Northern Railroad. W. C. Gorman owned a large race track at the site, and quarterhorse racing was a popular attraction. By the 1890s pupils attended the one-room Peeler Switch school just south of the railroad tracks. The school burned in 1919, and students went to Keechi school instead. By the 1930s Peeler was deserted.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Peeler is part of or belongs to the following places:
Peeler is classified as a Town
Has Post Office