Pickett

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Pickett (Picket), a rural community five miles south of Corsicana on Farm Road 709 in south central Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. By 1906 a school had an enrollment of forty-six. In the mid-1930s Pickett had two stores, a church, and a number of houses; the estimated population in 1936 was seventy-five. After World War II the stores closed, and the school was consolidated with Corsicana schools. By the mid-1960s only a church and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Pickett was a dispersed rural community and no population estimates were available. By 2000 the population was listed as thirty.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pickett is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Pickett is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Picket]

Location

Latitude: 32.01265550
Longitude: -96.47692810

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

30