Pike

Pike is on Farm Road 981 less than a mile from the Hunt county line and four miles northeast of Blue Ridge in far northeast Collin County. It was established in the early 1860s and quickly became a small but prosperous church and school community for area farmers. A post office was established in 1885. By 1900 the town had two churches, a Masonic lodge, six stores, a cotton gin, and a blacksmith shop. The population in 1900 was estimated at well over 100. In 1932 mail service to Pike was discontinued and routed through Leonard. The number of residents reached a high of 172 in 1933 and remained steady until 1945. In 1980 through 2000 Pike had a population reported at eighty.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pike is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Pike is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.32233430
Longitude: -96.30303560

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

47