Pinkston

Pinkston was a rural farming community in central Navarro County midway between Corsicana and Blooming Grove on State Highway 22. The town was founded in the late 1880s on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway and grew up around a store operated by Calvin Henderson. A post office opened in 1892 and was named for a railroad man named Pinkston; it closed in 1914. In 1945 Pinkston had a population of seventy-five, three stores, and a number of scattered dwellings. In the 1980s the town no longer appeared on highway maps.

Continue Reading

Carol M. Rushing | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pinkston is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Pinkston is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Sloan)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No