The Plains Baptist Assembly was established by District Nine of the Caprock-Plains Baptist churches in 1948 as a recreational retreat for area churches. The camp, located in Rio Blanco Canyon ten miles south of Floydada in southern Floyd County, originally encompassed seventy-two acres. Early buildings included a tabernacle, a cafeteria, Women's Missionary Union hall, and numerous cabins, many owned by individual area churches. In 1950 a swimming pool was added. In 1986 the site had 160 acres and sixty-five buildings. An auditorium and dining hall had replaced the original tabernacle and cafeteria, and a $250,000 conference center was completed in 1984. The camp was owned by the Caprock, Staked Plains, Llanos Altos, South Plains, and Lubbock associations and was governed by a twenty-four-member board of directors appointed for varied terms. The camp is active year-round with continuous programs in the summer and on weekends during the other seasons. Enrollment for the camp has averaged around 7,500 in recent years.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Plains Assembly is part of or belongs to the following places:
Plains Assembly is classified as a Town
- [Plains Baptist Assembly]
Has Post Office