Pleasant Green is a rural community on Farm Road 349 one mile west of Gregg County Airport in southeastern Gregg County. It was established after the Civil War by emancipated slaves. The Pleasant Green Baptist Church, founded in 1871, served as the focal point of the community. In 1909 a larger frame building replaced the original church. After World War II the town declined, and in the early 1990s only the church and scattered dwellings remained at the site. Descendents of the original settlers still lived in the area. No population estimates were available.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Pleasant Green is part of or belongs to the following places:
Pleasant Green is classified as a Town
Has Post Office