Pleasant Hill

Pleasant Hill is on a county road eight miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. In 1900 Pleasant Hill Black school served seventy-three pupils and one teacher, and by 1904 the community also had a White school, which served nineteen pupils and one teacher. In 1940 the community contained a cemetery and scattered dwellings. By the 1980s Pleasant Hill consisted of some dwellings, a church, and a cemetery.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pleasant Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Pleasant Hill is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.59240210
Longitude: -94.22325440

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No