Poe

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Nacogdoches County

Poe, a rural community off U.S. Highway 59 ten miles south of Nacogdoches in southern Nacogdoches County, was established about 1900 as a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. During the mid-1930s Poe had the station and a number of houses; children attended the nearby Dorr Creek school. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Poe is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Poe is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.45796110
Longitude: -94.60520780

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No