Powell Dale

Powelldale (Powell Dale) was near the Powelldale Mountains 5½ miles east of Morgan in northeastern Bosque County. The settlement originated when Green Powell purchased land in northeastern Bosque County; the community eventually grew to include a flour mill, cotton gin, general store, post office, church, and school. Its post office opened in 1873 but was discontinued in 1881. When the Santa Fe line built track through Kopperl, many Powelldale citizens moved there. Lake Whitney covers much of the old townsite.

Continue Reading

Karen Yancy | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Powell Dale is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Powell Dale is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Powelldale]

Location

Latitude: 32.03505800
Longitude: -97.49893400

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No