Prairie Lee was on the John M. King Ranch ten miles east of Midland in northeastern Midland County. It developed around the public school building, which was also used as the church. The building was constructed before 1912 by Scott McKee, G. N. Staton, and W. H. Stinson. The children of John Wright attended the school from around 1910 through the 1920s. Ethel McKee Staton taught at the school from 1920 through 1924. In 1924 the Prairie Lee School joined the schools of McClintic and Stokes to form the Greenwood Independent School District. The school and church building was sold in 1927, and the Prairie Lee community merged into Greenwood.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Prairie Lee is part of or belongs to the following places:
Prairie Lee is classified as a Town
Has Post Office