Pride is on Farm Road 2053, fifteen miles northwest of Lamesa and two miles south of the Lynn-Terry county line in northwest Dawson County. A post office was granted on July 18, 1904; Robert B. Muldrow, the first postmaster, ran the office in his store. A Methodist church, built in 1913, served the area for some years before it was moved to the nearby community of Welch. The post office was also moved to Welch in 1934. The development of nearby oilfields stimulated growth in the area, and Pride reported a population of eighty and three businesses in 1947. Lack of major highways or railroads and a slowing oil market contributed to the town's decline. In 1980 county maps gave the location of Pride but showed no businesses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Pride is part of or belongs to the following places:
Pride is classified as a Town
Has Post Office