Princeton was on the Sabine River near the site of Deweyville thirty miles northeast of Beaumont in southeast Newton County. The townsite was laid out in 1839 on Princeton Bluff (or Possum Bluff). Princeton became a ferry and boat landing for Sabine River travelers. A post office served the town briefly, from 1880 to 1881. However, Princeton never grew in size, and with the appearance of Deweyville around the turn of the century the town was abandoned.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Princeton is part of or belongs to the following places:
Princeton is classified as a Town
Has Post Office