Punkin Center

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Lamb County

Circle is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 70 and Farm Road 1842, five miles southeast of Springlake and six miles west of Olton in northeast Lamb County. It was on ranchland of Christopher C. Slaughter and was known as Punkin Center by 1928, when Abe Winkle established a store there. Later the town adopted the name of Circle for a curve in U.S. 70. D. G. Hobbs opened a cotton gin in 1936. The Hopewell Baptist Church was a mile west of the community. In the 1960s two businesses were active, although the church had been discontinued by 1968. The community still appeared on county maps of the 1980s and was still listed as a community in 1990. In 2000 the population was six.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Punkin Center is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Punkin Center is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Circle)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No