Pursley

Pursley is on Farm Road 642 between Richland and Pin Oak creeks off Farm Road 709, eight miles from Corsicana in southwest Navarro County. It is in an area of fine timber and fertile fields. A post office operated from 1872 until 1907. The town was probably named for W. H. Pursley, who served as postmaster. In 1945 it had a population of eighty-six. From 1950 to 2000 the population was forty.

Continue Reading

David Allen | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Pursley is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Pursley is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.91793650
Longitude: -96.54387410

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

40