Rachal

Rachal, twenty-one miles south of Falfurrias on U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 755 in south central Brooks County, was established in 1913 and named for E. R. Rachal, the first tax assessor in Brooks County. In 1936 the community had ten inhabitants and one business. By 1945 it had a population of forty and two businesses. After 1964 the population fluctuated between thirty and forty. In 1990 the dispersed community had a population of thirty-six and two businesses. The population remained the same in 2000.

Continue Reading

Alicia A. Garza | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Rachal is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Rachal is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 26.89005300
Longitude: -98.13528290

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

36