Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Fort Bend County

Randon was a community in western Fort Bend County ten miles southwest of Richmond on U.S. Highway 90. It was named for David and John Randon, both of whom were members of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred. The Texas and New Orleans Railroad constructed a cattle shipping pen at the site in 1878. Randon had a rural school, with one teacher and twenty-one White students, in 1926. In 1936 Randon had several scattered farm units, but by then the school appears to have closed. The population of the community was thirty in 1947. By the 1980s Randon no longer appeared on county maps.

Continue Reading

Stephen L. Hardin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Randon is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists


Place type

Randon is classified as a Town

Has Post Office


Is Incorporated