Red Bluff

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Harris County

Red Bluff was located four miles north of Seabrook and east of State Highway 146 on Galveston Bay in southeastern Harris County. A post office, established in J. E. Idlebrook's general store in 1880, was discontinued by 1894. In 1885 the community had a population of thirty, a church, a school, and a general store. The population reached 100 in 1890. State highway maps in 1936 showed only scattered dwellings, many vacant, and a small county park at the site. By the 1980s the former community had become Shoreacres development, a suburb of LaPorte.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Red Bluff is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Red Bluff is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Shoreacres)

Location

Latitude: 29.70940000
Longitude: -95.17950000

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No