Red Branch

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Grayson County

Red Branch is an unincorporated rural community in extreme northwestern Grayson County twenty miles northwest of Sherman on Farm Road 901 and two miles east of the county's western boundary. Settled about 1860, the village was named for the redbuds and the red banks of a nearby stream. The village received a post office in 1891; it operated until 1904. Red Branch reported a population of thirty-six and one business from 1936 to 1948. In 1989 the community had several scattered houses but no businesses.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Red Branch is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Red Branch is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 33.81260360
Longitude: -96.89806010

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No