Ripley, about six miles northwest of Mount Pleasant and very near the Bridges Chapel community in northwestern Titus County, was originally called Sand Town because of the generally sandy soil in the area. It was renamed Ripley when its post office was established in 1872. Ripley at one time had a gin, gristmill, and store, but began to decline in the late 1800s. Its post office closed in 1906, and by 1914 it had ceased to exist as a named community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ripley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ripley is classified as a Town
- (Sand Town)
Has Post Office