Riverside

Riverside, on the west bank of the Guadalupe River in southeastern Comal County, was originally called Riverside Farm. It contained one league and one labor of land granted to J. Thompson as a headright. In 1847 W. H. Meriwether, owner of the first saw and grist mill in New Braunfels, purchased the land from the Thompson heirs and used slave labor to develop the farm. In 1922 a dam across the river impounded Lake Dunlap, and Riverside developed into a residential section, which has been incorporated within the city limits of New Braunfels.

Continue Reading

Oscar Haas | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Riverside is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Riverside is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Farm]

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No