Robbins

Robbins is near the intersection of State Highway 7 and Farm Road 39, just east of the Burlington Northern Railroad eight miles west of Centerville in western Leon County. It was founded as a station on the Houston and Texas Central Railway in 1905. Two years later the Trinity and Brazos Valley was built through just to the west of the community. Robbins had two businesses in 1931. That stretch of the Houston and Texas Central was abandoned in 1933, and its bed became Farm Road 39. In 1940 the community had a population of forty, two businesses, and scattered dwellings. The population was estimated at twenty from 1949 to 1993, and there was one business in Robbins in 1990. The population remained at twenty in 2000.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Robbins is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Robbins is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.25545800
Longitude: -96.12274010

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

20