Rock Creek, a community center for farmers, was near the headwaters of Rock Creek in northwestern Johnson County. It developed in the middle to late 1850s, when settlers discovered a natural well, formed by steep rock walls, that held water fed from several springs. A post office operated there from 1858 to 1860. During the Civil War residents organized the Rock Creek Guards under the command of James H. Dunn. The community had been abandoned by 1865.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Rock Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:
Rock Creek is classified as a Town
Has Post Office