Rocky Point

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Rocky Point, on Farm Road 47 sixteen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a Grange by 1874 and appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the site of a school, a church, a single business establishment, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. Local schools were consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. By 1987 Rocky Point Cemetery and a business survived.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Rocky Point is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Rocky Point is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.75068250
Longitude: -95.98691220

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No