Rogers Ranch was a small community located near Farm Road 2001 seven miles northwest of Lockhart in northwestern Caldwell County. It was named for Martha A. and C. M. Rogers, whose ranch in the 1880s covered portions of Caldwell, Hays, and Travis counties. The property was divided into lots and sold in the 1890s, and part of the southeastern section, located in Caldwell County, became the Rogers Ranch community. Many families who bought the land were Germans from the New Braunfels area, and for several years their church services and school were conducted in both German and English; Mexican immigrants and Blacks also made up a significant part of the new community. A combination bowling alley and community center was built in 1910 but burned in 1920. Separate school and church facilities for Whites, Blacks, and Mexicans existed in the community until the 1930s or 1940s. The Rogers Ranch schools were consolidated with the Lockhart Independent School District in 1950. Most of the family farms at Rogers Ranch were gradually bought out by larger operations, and by the early 1960s two or three cemeteries were all that marked the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Rogers Ranch is part of or belongs to the following places:
Rogers Ranch is classified as a Town
Has Post Office