Round Mott, also known as Round Mott Community, is twenty-four miles northwest of Wharton on Farm Road 1300 in northwestern Wharton County. A post office was established there in 1888 and discontinued in 1890. A Round Mott school operated as early as 1905, when it had thirteen pupils and one teacher; local school enrollment reached fifty White and seven Black pupils, taught by two teachers, in 1926. The school was annexed to the El Campo school in 1951. State highway maps in 1936 showed a school, a church, two buildings, and multiple dwellings at the townsite. In 1989 the settlement was called Round Mott Community on state highway maps, but only the church and scattered dwellings remained.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Round Mott is part of or belongs to the following places:
Round Mott is classified as a Town
Has Post Office