Rugby, four miles northwest of Bogata in southwestern Red River County, was settled before the Civil War and had a general store and a cotton gin by 1870. A church was organized in 1892. A post office, with William R. Bartlett as postmaster, operated from 1900 until 1907; it was reestablished in 1914. In the early decades of the twentieth century the community supported three gins, two stores, a blacksmith, a doctor, and Presbyterian and Methodist congregations. The post office, however, was discontinued in 1929. From 1925 through 1966 the community had an estimated population of seventy-five. From 1968 through 2000 the population was estimated at twenty-four, and the settlement had no rated businesses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Rugby is part of or belongs to the following places:
Rugby is classified as a Town
- (Prairie View)
Has Post Office
Rugby by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."