Rush Prairie

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Rush Prairie, a farming community off Farm Road 1393 three miles southwest of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was established sometime before 1900 near the early settlement of Wadeville. In the mid-1930s Rush Prairie had a church, a store, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates are available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Rush Prairie is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Rush Prairie is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No