Ryals

Ryals, also known as Weisinger, was a rural postal community somewhere in the area now occupied by the April Sound, Walden, and Diamondhead subdivisions eight miles west-northwest of Conroe in north central Montgomery County. The Weisingers and Ryalses were prominent early families in the area. In 1900 the community had a population of ten and two general stores, run by Ben Murphy and W. N. Wood. The post office, named Ryals, operated from 1901 until 1913. It was located in the home of Thomas Benton Fultz, who served as the first postmaster. J. M. Weisinger had a store in 1915, but no population statistics are available for the later years. The exact location of Ryals is unknown, since Lake Conroe and new developments have covered the area.

Continue Reading

Will Branch | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Great Texas Land Rush logo
Adoption Status:
This place has been adopted and will not be available until January 19, 2025
Adopted by:
Warren P. Steffen
Dedication Message:
In honor of the Fultz, Gibbs family; early residents of Ryals

Belongs to

Ryals is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Ryals is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Bristow)
  • (Copeland)
  • (Weisinger)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No