Salt Gap

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of McCulloch County

Salt Gap, named for nearby Salt Creek, is on Farm roads 503 and 504, less than half a mile from the Concho county line in western McCulloch County. A post office operated there from 1905 to 1913 and from 1924 to sometime after 1930. During the mid-1930s Salt Gap comprised a school, a gin, a gristmill, and two stores. A peak population of sixty was reported in 1939. Salt Gap had twenty-five residents in 1990. The population remained the same in 2000.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Salt Gap is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Salt Gap is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.30377560
Longitude: -99.59923060

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

25