Sanchez

Sanchez was a farming community just off Interstate Highway 35 four miles north of downtown Laredo in southern Webb County. The settlement was named for its location on the Leonardo Sanchez land grant and was a produce-shipping point on the International-Great Northern Railroad from around 1900 through the early 1930s. During the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a store and a number of dwellings. Later the area was gradually absorbed by neighboring Laredo, and by the early 1990s only a few older homes marked the site of the former settlement.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sanchez is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sanchez is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 27.52585100
Longitude: -99.49337490

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No