Sand, on U.S. Highway 180 fifteen miles west of Lamesa in west central Dawson County, derived its name from its location in an area once called the Sands of Texas. A post office was established in 1935 in Ebbie Lee's store, with Lee as postmaster. In 1949 the store and post office served a population of fifty. The post office became a substation to the Lamesa post office in 1955. The population was twenty in 1980 and 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Sand is part of or belongs to the following places:
Sand is classified as a Town
Has Post Office