Sand Flat

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Anderson County

Sand Flat Church, also known as Sand Flat, is on Farm Road 2022 sixteen miles southeast of Palestine in southeastern Anderson County. The community, presumably named for the sandy local soil, was settled before the Civil War. In 1898 the Sand Flat school had some twenty black students and one teacher. There were several scattered dwellings at the townsite during the 1940s. By 1982 the community consisted of a church and several dwellings. In 2000 no trace of the community appeared on county maps.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sand Flat is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sand Flat is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Church]

Location

Latitude: 31.59017660
Longitude: -95.41633740

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No