Sand Grove

Sand Grove is a small rural community five miles south of Milano and three miles southwest of State Highway 36 in southeastern Milam County. It was named for the local sandy soil. Sand Grove was a voting precinct in 1881, and in 1903 it had a two-teacher school with ninety-four students. The school was consolidated with the Milano Independent School District in 1931. A few scattered houses appeared on maps of the area in the 1940s, but by the 1980s only a church and a cemetery marked the site.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sand Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sand Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.63936550
Longitude: -96.85303590

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No