Sand Hill, a farming community seven miles northeast of Gilmer on Farm Road 555 in northeastern Upshur County, was established around 1898 by W. A. Bland, who named the community for the deep sand beds in the area. A school began operating there after 1900, and by the mid-1930s Sand Hill had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with the East Mountain school district, and by the mid-1960s all that remained of the community was two churches, a cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses. In 1990 Sand Hill was a dispersed rural community. The population reached seventy-five in 2000.
Sand Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Sand Hill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Sand Hill by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."