Sandies is just east of Farm Road 710 near Sandy Creek, sixteen miles northwest of El Campo in extreme northwestern Wharton County. In 1905 one local school had thirty-five Black pupils and one teacher, and in 1926 it had thirty pupils and one teacher. In 1907 another local school had nineteen White pupils and two teachers. The Sandies schools were annexed to the Louise schools in 1937. State highway maps in 1936 showed a school, a church, and scattered dwellings at the townsite. In the 1980s the church remained.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Sandies is part of or belongs to the following places:
Sandies is classified as a Town
Has Post Office