Sayers is at the junction of U.S. Highway 87 and Farm Road 1628, thirteen miles southeast of downtown San Antonio in eastern Bexar County. The area was settled after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1885, and by 1896 the community had fifty residents, two general stores, a school, and a church. After 1915 the post office was replaced by rural delivery from Adkins. In 1940 three businesses and a population of twenty-five were reported at Sayers. After World War II the businesses closed, but in the early 1990s Sayers was still a dispersed rural community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Sayers is part of or belongs to the following places:
Sayers is classified as a Town
Has Post Office