Scallorn is on a frontage road off U.S. Highway 183 in far southern Mills County. It was established as a shipping point on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway in 1888 and was named for Gid Scallorn, foreman of the Ware Ranch. A post office opened there in 1918 but was replaced by rural delivery from Lometa in 1932. In 1947 the one-store community reported a population of twenty-five, and in 1949 its railroad station was abandoned. No later population figures were available, though a church remained at the site for some time.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Scallorn is part of or belongs to the following places:
Scallorn is classified as a Town
- (Los Dinero)
Has Post Office