Schiller

Schiller was on Farm Road 3160 twelve miles northeast of Boerne in southeastern Kendall County. A post office was established there in 1890 with Caspar Sueltenfuss as postmaster. By the mid-1890s the community included two cotton gins and 200 residents, but its post office was discontinued in 1907. A school and a church marked Schiller on county highway maps in the 1940s. These buildings, however, were gone by the 1980s.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Schiller is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Schiller is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Charcoal City)
  • (Guadalupe)

Location

Latitude: 29.88270600
Longitude: -98.56172800

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No