School Hill

School Hill was off Farm Road 2303 near the Eastland county line sixteen miles northwest of Stephenville in northwestern Erath County. It was probably established in the late nineteenth century. The oldest graves in the cemetery date back to 1884. About 1900 a school was erected on a hill above the community. In 1935 the school had one teacher and twenty pupils. In 1940 the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. The school was consolidated with the Lingleville school in the 1940s. School Hill reported a population of twenty-two from 1966 and through 2000, when the community had a church and a cemetery.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

School Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

School Hill is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.30596910
Longitude: -98.46477220

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No