Shady Grove Church

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Marion County

Shady Grove Church, also known as Shady Grove, is two miles north of State Highway 49 and nine miles northwest of Jefferson in northwestern Marion County. In 1938 the community had a two-room schoolhouse, which accommodated seventy-two black elementary students and two teachers. The school was consolidated with the Lassater school by 1955. In 1962 Shady Grove consisted of a church and several scattered dwellings, and the church was still marked on state highway maps in 1983.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Shady Grove Church is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Shady Grove Church is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.84291380
Longitude: -94.48325370

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No