Shaid's Chapel, also known as Shaid's School, was a rural community eight miles southeast of Palestine and three miles northwest of the Alderbranch community in southeastern Anderson County. It was probably named for the family of local settler Marion Shaid. In 1897 the school had one teacher and served some thirty-eight pupils. By 1901 the school was also being used as a church and as a community center for meetings of a local literary society. That same year an additional structure, Shaid's Chapel, was built there. Though the town was not named on the 1936 county highway map, the school and the church were still at the site. By 1962, however, the community seems to have disappeared entirely.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Shaid's Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:
Shaid's Chapel is classified as a Town
Has Post Office