Shiloh

Shiloh is on Farm Road 489 four miles west of Butler in southwest Freestone County. The community had a church and a school that had eighty-two black students by 1893. In the 1930s the community had a school, a church, and a few scattered dwellings, and in the 1960s a church, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were there. The church still remained in the late 1980s.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Shiloh is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Shiloh is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [2]

Location

Latitude: 31.63628300
Longitude: -95.96635210

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No